Monday, June 3, 2013

Giverny


Thursday May 23rd

Because we had a couple free days to travel Hayley, Savannah, Ashley and I decided to go visit Giverny. It was only a short one hour train ride to Vernon and then a 15/20 minute bus ride to Giverny. The weather wasn't amazing but it wasn't horrible either. First we went and explored the gardens, and it was like something I could have only ever dreamed of. No wonder Monet's paintings are so beautiful he lived in a gorgeous area! Everything was so green and the flowers were so colorful, I was in heaven. We got to see the lily pad ponds and even take a picture on the bridge covered in lilac, what an amazing experience! Our tickets also included Monet's house, which was also full of warm inviting colors like yellows and blues.  In the gift shop there was a video playing on Monet and I learned a lot of things that I didn't know about him including that his mood depended on the weather, and that he was so specific about his gardens that if one of his children picked a flower he would get very upset. 


The whole time I was there I couldn't stop thinking how much my family and friends back home would enjoy it, especially my Mom and it made me miss everyone a bit. I hope that one day I can come back with my Mom because I just know she would love it! :) We also visited Le Musee des Impressionists which was a smaller museum but it had some of my favorite artists such as Paul Signac. For lunch I had a quiche, always a good choice in my book, and then later some hot chocolate and ice cream. I never used to be that into hot chocolate, but since I've been here I have been hot chocolate crazy! Maybe that's on account of the rainy weather we've been getting.....regardless I'm fine with consuming lots of got chocolate as long as I don't burn my tongue in the process. I absolutely loved this whole day! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment