Thursday, March 14, 2013

46 days to bliss!

Peche Merle cave drawing

So we might be going to this super awesome cave while in the Dordogne region, which I mentioned yesterday. Its a good alternative to the Lascaux caves (which are only available as replicas) and would be such a cool opportunity to see something that not tons of people in the world get to see. Also today my roommate Savannah and I decided that we want to live in the city, so we put that as our preferred location. I am sure that the Sprengers (our program directors)  will find us somewhere great to live, and I can't wait to find out exactly where and with whom we will be staying. I love surprises! I have the perfect gift idea that is currently being carried out back home in Colorado to give to my host family, and I know that the finished product will be just beautiful. :) Also I applied to the Foreign Language Housing for next Fall and Winter semesters and hope to be able to live there to continue becoming fluent in the French language.



So right about this time at night I'm realizing that first of all I'm hungry for some macarons, and second of all that I have a French paper to finish and some reading to do. It's been a really hectic week but I am so grateful for good teachers, supportive friends, loving family, and the little things that really make a difference everyday. I saw a good friend of mine who is currently in the MTC (Missionary Training Center - where missionaries train before they go on their mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) and is leaving for Paris in a few weeks and it was definitely what I needed to boost my spirits  I also got to spend time today with my lovely aunt Nicki and she was so wonderful in helping me with my technology deficiencies and just being a loving aunt. :) I know this is definitely Paris unrelated but I love this quote:

“I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence. Often, the Lord’s timing of his tender mercies helps us to both discern and acknowledge them….The Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ…" - Elder David A. Bednar


0 comments:

Post a Comment