Sunday, June 2, 2013

Brocante and happiness!

Sunday May 19th

Sunday means church and so to church we went! Everybody in the Paris ward is really nice and other than fighting a bit of a desire to sleep it was a pretty darn good three hours. Afterwards we journeyed over to Rue Claire for a Brocante, basically like a big vintage fair...so super up my alley. I could definitely spend all day at something like this and we pretty much did! I noticed that there was a lot of old silverware so if you were looking for fancy old silverware that was definitely the place to buy it, sadly I was not in the market for that but I did buy a vintage sea foam green skirt (modest length and all!).
Rachel and Savannah looking adorable at the Broacante


I can't believe that this is what my Sunday was like, talk about perfect! Sundays are one of the days that we have dinner with our host family so it was a nice opportunity to eat good food and have good conversation, or at least try to (the French is still a work in progress). The weather was iffy and is still continuing to be kinda gray and cloudy and I catch myself more often than I would like complaining about being cold when I should just look up and remember that I'm in Paris and that life is wonderful! I feel terrible for stealing it but my friend Sierra, who is on this study abroad program, posted this amazing quote on her blog that I just have to share:

“I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.”

-Shauna Niequist


0 comments:

Post a Comment