Sunday, March 31, 2013

One month away!!!






















































So take-off is only one short month away, and I absolutely cannot wait! At the same time, however, I'm starting to get a little stressed with all of the packing and preparing there is left to do (most of which I can't start till I get back home to FoCo). So I've been doing a lot of research online to help me narrow down exactly what to pack....and needless to say I've gotten distracted by clothes and makeup sites more than once while doing my "researching". A couple things that I have learned are:


  • If pants are not so much your style (not a huge fan of them myself) then go ahead and switch the allotted 6 or so pairs of pant items to be more of a skirt/dress party!
  • Don't pack your nicest clothes, especially not dry clean only! (This has been a little difficult for me to accept as I own a decent amount of dry clean only, however I feel like my wardrobe will thank me later for not destroying it while galavanting abroad, also part of me feels like I have to dress my fanciest while in Paris....however I've also decided that I can look just as spiffy but without risking a much-beloved silk shirt!)
  • Look for fabrics that don't wrinkle! (This may sound like a no-brainer but really how much would it suck to be worrying about ironing your clothes when you could be out exploring?!)
  • Pack clothes that mix and match easily. (This doesn't just mean like colors, be original! Maybe pack a dress that also looks good with a shirt over it so it looks like a shirt/skirt combo or even a basic black sheath dress with a chambray underneath.)
  • On a makeup note, look for multi-taskers such as a lipstick and blush in one like this: http://www.birchbox.com/shop/makeup/face/benefit-fine-one-one, also a lotion that contains an spf so your skin stays un-sunburnt on those long walking days.
Thanks for reading and enjoy this adorable little hedgehog (my favorite animal!) as a little treat! :) 


1 comments:

Sharon Whittington said...

Great tips! Thank you. I ALWAYS overpack. This trip to Alaska I will not!

Post a Comment